Our committee members have been chatting and in line with Government and Canoe England guidelines have sent this out to all members :
It is becoming apparent that North Quay at times is getting very congested and parking, boat handling and safe changing here is an issue for concern. Because of this we have decided that our guidance re use of the club car park must change.
We advise members that the car park is open for use but they must follow government & BC guidelines which mean:-
- Social distancing must be maintained at a minimum of two metres.
- Cars should be kept far enough apart to ensure social distancing – around 2m, please do not try to squeeze in between cars that are already parked in this way.
- No more than two people (not in the same household) can paddle together and must still maintain social distance and this is even more important as they access and egress the launch area.
- Members who open and close the locks on the gate must use hand gel before and after opening the gate. (the club cannot provide a location to store hand gel that is accessible to members so we ask all using the car park to provide this for themselves.
- Members should use the car park for as short a period as possible to allow them to enjoy their paddle and should vacate the car park as soon as possible to allow others to use it.
We would ask all members NOT to use the car park unless they are going for a paddle – remember you can use your car park permit in the Towans car park – in fact even if you can’t find this at the moment it is free to use thanks to the owner of the harbour as recently alerted through Fb groups.
Keep safe, see you at a distance soon !